Pet dental care is just as important as human dental care and taking proper care of your pet's teeth will help your pet enjoy better quality of life. Without proper cleanings and examinations, your pet may suffer from gingivitis, tooth root infections or periodontal disease.
We provide in-office dental exams and cleanings for pets to prevent the development of gum disease and related problems. We also perform tooth extractions and other oral surgery if deemed necessary for your pet's health and comfort.
Recognize the Signs of Dental Disease
Pets suffering from dental disease will display some or all the following symptoms:
- Build-up of tarter and black or brown spots on the teeth. A buildup of plaque and/or black or brown spots on the tooth enamel.
- Bleeding, red, inflamed gums. Bleeding gums after eating or after getting his or her teeth brushed can be a sign of periodontal disease.
- Bad breath. Very few pets have good breath, but extra bad breath can be a sign of dental disease. If your pet has unpleasantly bad breath, he or she should have a checkup from a veterinarian.
- Loose, cracked or missing teeth. If your pet has begun to lose teeth, this can be a sign of gum disease.
Know How to Care for Your Pet's Teeth
You can care for your pet's teeth at home by doing the following:
- Brush your pet's teeth regularly.
- Use various dental products such as water additives, chews, treats and/or wipes that help deter the formation of tarter.
- Inspect for signs of gum disease.
- Take your pet in for regular dental exams and cleanings.
We Offer a Range of Dental Services
At Coronado Veterinary Hospital, we provide professional pet dentals. Our list of dental services include:
- Dental examinations. We'll inspect your pet's teeth and gums to find signs of pet dental disease. Our dental examinations help us catch oral hygiene problems in their early stages, so your pet can get the prompt care he or she needs.
- Teeth cleaning. We'll remove plaque from your pet's teeth, then we'll polish the enamel. Polishing the enamel helps prevent food from sticking to the teeth. A skilled technician will also probe the gumline for any pockets and gum recession.
- Tooth extractions. Our tooth extraction services can rid your pet of infected and painful teeth. This can prevent the spread of infection to the rest of the mouth and other parts of the body.
- Dental X-Rays. After cleaning your pet's teeth thoroughly, our technicians will take full mouth x-rays of your pet's teeth. This will help to determine whether or not every tooth is healthy not only above gumline but beneath the gumline.
- Coming Soon! Restorations!
Contact Us for Your Pet's Dental Care
Bring your pet to Coronado Veterinary Hospital where we can perform dental care services for your pet. Coronado Veterinary Hospital has been a part of the Coronado community for over 70 years. We pride ourselves in knowing how best to care for your pet's teeth and how to improve your pet's quality of life. For more information or to make an appointment for pet dental care, contact us today at 619-435-6281.