- Pharmacy & Pet Store
- Refill medications and shop for pet supplies. Shop our online pet store today!!
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Coronado Veterinary Hospital is proud to provide K-Laser Class IV laser therapy for your pets. Its beneficial uses include alleviating chronic pain, accelerating healing and rehabilitation plus much, much more! For both cats and dogs, K- laser can be part or the solution to help ease your pet’s discomfort. Safe and effective, this powerful modality provides increased comfort and mobility and accelerated and improved wound healing and rehabilitation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is laser therapy?
- Photobiomodulation is the scientific term for the biologic effects of laser light on cells. “Laser” light is different from LED and visible light because it is coherent, monochromatic, collimated and polarized. These properties influence the healing effects of laser light, and allow for deeper penetration. Penetrating photons from the K-laser influence cell chemistry in a variety of beneficial ways by activating or inhibiting pigmented molecules called chromophores. When cytochrome c-oxidase and NADH are activated by laser light they increase the synthesis of ATP, accelerating cellular function. Additionally, stimulation of production of other endogenous chemicals and hormones decreases pain, and inflammation, and improves drainage and vascularization. A pleasant warmth is also produced at the treatment site. Treatment time, power and laser pulse frequency are based on your pet’s individual condition and body size. After injury or surgery, patients receiving laser therapy have less pain. Their recovery is faster and the quality of healing is better. Laser therapy is one of the few modalities that may not only improve the comfort of patients with osteoarthritis, but may also modify the disease process.
The following beneficial effects of K laser [Class IV laser] therapy on cells and tissues have been demonstrated in clinical trials and studies of laser therapy technology:
When is therapeutic laser beneficial?
Pain Management: Pet owners often seek progressive, non-invasive therapy in addition to or instead of drug regimens for the treatment of chronic pain.
Wound Healing: Laser therapy can significantly reduce healing time, while at the same time improving the quality of tissue (stronger, more normal tissues, less tension and scar formation). Traumatic skin injuries and surgical incisions benefit greatly from laser intervention.
Rehabilitation: Musculoskeletal injuries and orthopedic surgeries often require additional rehabilitation solutions. Laser therapy provides non-invasive remedies for quicker recovery.
Small animal applications:
What should I expect?
- There is generally no patient sedation or restraint required and the experience is usually pleasant and comforting to the animal. Pets do not need to have their hair clipped.
Although improvement is often seen after the first visit, most patients require several treatments (3-8) before full effects are seen. For most conditions, we recommend a multi-visit treatment plan. Treatments vary in length, but most sites require 2 to 8 minutes; multiple sites may be treated in one session. Many patients exhibit greater comfort and mobility within 12 to 24 hours after a laser treatment.
For chronic pain, treatments are usually given twice to three times a week for the initial 3wk period, then tapered to once every 4-6wks.
|Monday||8:00 am||7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am||7:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Saturday||8:00 am||2:00 pm|
|8:00 am||8:00 am||8:00 am||8:00 am||8:00 am||8:00 am||Closed|
|7:00 pm||7:00pm||7:00 pm||6:00 pm||5:00 pm||2:00 pm||Closed|
"I was nervous about Bon Jovi receiving anesthesia. You kept me informed throughout the process and took great care of him. Thank you. His teeth look fabulous."
- Julie Moss, Coronado Resident
"This was my first time having a puppy and looking for a vet and I truly believe I found the perfect place! Everyone was so friendly and so kind to myself and my puppy! I got a lot of information and all of my questions were answered!"
- New Puppy Mom and Coronado Resident
"You squeezed us in on short notice and I GREATLY appreciate it! you made our vacation a little less stressful, and Bernie is getting much better! Thank you thank you thank you!!"
- Kelly Mulvany, Coronado Vacationer